Dad's Garage is a year-round not-for-profit professional theatre company that averages over 350 performances a year. We will work with interns who want to learn the day to day operations of a mid-sized professional theatre company with a focus on improv and new plays. This will occur through hands on experience in all areas of the theatre including administration, production, and everything in between. This internship will take place for 8-12 weeks and requires a serious commitment.
Assist Artistic and Management staff (approx. 12 hours/week)
Assist Front of House Manager and/or Production Crew on shows (approx. 12 hours/week)
- Artistic Director - assistance may include reading and summarizing new works, researching, sitting in on rehearsals, and general artistic management.
- Managing Director - assistance may include financial management, communications, organizational and general theatre management.
- Marketing Director - assistance may include involvement in a marketing campaign, postering/flyering, and general theatre marketing.
- Development Director - assistance may include capturing/ recording data, grant writing, fundraising assistance and building community relationships.
- Associate Artistic Director - assistance may include promoting corporate improv gigs, workshops, and sitting in on show processes.
- Assistance may include learning/running the box office system, working with volunteers, and working backstage. Assist Technical Director (approx. 6 hours/week)
- Assistance will include learning/working in scenic carpentry, props, lighting, and costumes. Attend Improv Class (approx. 2 hours/week) Internship Requirements:
* Intern must have theatre background (pursuing degree major, minor, or equivalent experience).
* Intern must have reliable transportation.
* Intern schedule must allow up to 30 hours per week to dedicate to Dad's Garage (this includes the hours outlined above, evening improv classes/workshops, and/or attending evening rehearsals and performances).
* Intern may not miss more than 8 hours of scheduled activities in the 8-12 week period. Exceptions are made for illness, but Dad's Garage may reevaluate the internship agreement if illness seems excessive. Internship Rewards:
* Intern will take the Dad's Garage eight-week improv class, and participate in any public workshops at no charge.
* Intern will receive complimentary tickets (for themselves) to all shows at Dad's Garage during the internship. Seating based on availability.
* Intern will learn the basic skills of running a mid-size theatre company. Upcoming Internship Sessions:
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.